Online gaming describes video games that offer online interaction with other players. Game Online is an easy way to relax and access and is very popular among the younger generations. They can be played on mobile phones, the web, on consoles, and so on. These games have a wide range of content, which makes them a hit among people. The presence of quests, challenges, and missions makes them appealing. We have single-player and multiplayer games online. In multiplayer games, we interact with people online who may be people we know or someone unknown.
Gaming has proven to be beneficial in a few ways:
• Games require problem-solving skills and strategy to win; hence, players take in a lot of information, which improves memory and helps the brain process information quickly.
• The concentration of gamers increases as they focus on one task while gaming.
• Gamers need to pay attention to detail and need to react swiftly, which helps players develop multi-tasking skills.
• It also improves social skills as the games nurture relationships. People with disabilities can make friends online without any restrictions.
• Multiplayer games improve our teamwork skills as they need people to work in a team to win a game.
• Location-based games encourage players to go outside and explore and is fit for the physical health of players.
However, with Game Online, we need to be careful and not share personal details on the internet as scammers and hackers are at large, and some people pretend to be someone else. Online games are essential for development and are fun, enjoyable, and adventurous. Healthy playing contributes to the development and social skills.
But, some games target children and endanger their health; hence, parents need to understand online gaming and ensure the safety and health of their children from a young age to make them responsible adults.